Get new posts by email:

A Day in the Heart of Deimos

Deck your Warframe with shades of day-glo, fa la la la la, la la la la! I know, I know, it's too early in the year for Christmas carol references. Yesterday was a bit of a holiday for gamers, at least those that play Warframe.

The Heart of Deimos update dropped yesterday evening. Aside from a dysfunctional Orokin family, the new open world, Necralisk, functions much like Cetus or Fortuna. It's grindy and most of the rewards are mediocre but it's a free game so what do you expect?

There's also a new planet on the star chart(well, actually a moon), a new warframe and a new quest. Okay, the word new isn't entirely accurate. Like I said, it's the same old content given a new skin. But the fetid world on the infested with it's neon colors and gurgling mindless zombie/aliens is a lot of fun. There's something satisfying about the squelching sound the nikana prime makes as it slices through putrid, pustule covered flesh-based enemies.

I'll post another update when I earn Xaku and some of the Deimos weapons. I know I could just buy the new pack and skip the grind altogether but grinding for my gear gives me a better sense of satisfaction. Okay, okay, I did buy the $4.99 hive starter pack because the pustule ephemera and the infested orbiter Roomba were too cool to pass up.

Comments

Popular Posts