Get new posts by email:

A Far Cry from Far Cry 3

I killed my way through all three Far Cry games in the insanity bundle: that's FC3, FC4, and FC5. My basic take on this franchise? Ubisoft did what Ubisoft does. They took a brilliant concept and then cheapened it by trying to milk every penny out of the brand that they could by churning out new games in the franchise as fast as they could. While I appreciate that Ubisoft doesn't make fans of ASSASSIN'S CREED, RAINBOW SIX, WATCH DOGS, or FAR CRY 3 wait the better part of a decade for new installments of these games, the subsequent games feel half-baked, the deeper one gets into each franchise.

That being said, other than lacking the brilliance of FC3, I did have a great deal of fun murdering my way through all the made-up landscapes of these games. And as Ubisoft also tends to do, the weapons upgrades and cosmetic loot makes it worth slogging through the uncohesiveness of FC5.

I will admit I'm very much looking forward FAR CRY 6. One, because I'm a gaming addict and I much prefer story games to online gaming. And two, because I'm a huge Giancarlo Esposito fan and he comes across as badass as ever in the FC6 trailer.

Plus there's WATCH DOGS: LEGION in a couple weeks to look forward to and ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA in early November. Looks like it's going to be an Ubisoft holiday season. Hey, like I've said in the past, the one thing Ubisoft does well is provide their players with content. They may not be the Heisenberg blue meth of gaming companies, but they keep their junkies well supplied, even if it's more often than not trailer-trash cloudy AF titles their cranking out.

Comments

Popular Posts