Get new posts by email:

Progress Not Perfection

Tonight, I've been working with Rin and KM to, how shall we say, REDUCE the number of times I kill Alexios. Thus far in games, I've relied heavily upon over-powering and buffing my character to get through tougher battles as opposed to actually GFG with my button-play skills. Or at least GFB.

The consensus came down to I don't dodge enough. I run in like the noob I am and just try to beat the crap out of an enemy and take the hits as though I'm a tank or bulletsponge. Except in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, there is only limited ability to tank up one's character and I've yet to come across any game changing buffs. Yes, there are some badass abilities but no magic potion or button combo that makes my character significantly more sturdy or lethal to foes. The game expects one to fight with competency. Silly, Ubisoft.

Not only had I not been dodging but I'd also failed to develop certain critical skills such as shield-breaking and overpowering opponents. I spent around 600 drachmae to redo my build and then ran into overwhelming situations on purpose to start practicing the timing and button-play necessary to dodging and executing special moves.

Progress at first was slow. Many, many Alexioses (Alexiae?) gave their lives for my improved battle tactics. In the end the efforts paid off. I went from tank and elemental foe fodder to a worthy opponent in one night of practice. Have I achieved perfection yet? Of course not. But to quote Rin quoting Denzel Washington in The Equalizer: Progress not perfection. And seeing as how I was finally able to whoop a bounty hunter one level above me, I am thoroughly pleased.


Comments

Popular Posts