Get new posts by email:

One of Those Effin' Nights

GTAV
Starting stats
Rank: 83
$1234917
Goals: Upgrade nightclub staff
Ending stats
Rank: 84
$1012314 (Oof)
Deaths: 5 (though in my defense, 1 was suicide)
Achievements: Ummmm.... Completed a mission in a public lobby solo?
Warframe
Rank: 12
Logged in for daily tribute and to collect and deploy extractors.
So my GTAV$ loss and "achievements" speak for themselves. Or should I say squeak for themselves. The backward progress or as I like to think of it "positive regression" (doesn't that sound nicer) shows I had one of those f**king nights. Yep, it was Morton's Salt, old men snoring, cats and dogs and any other allusion to raining and pouring all rolled into one.
The steaming hot bowl of ass soup started with CD Projekt Red's announcement that the release of Cyberpunk 2077 would be delayed until Sept 2020. Boooooo. From there it was all downhill.
Only after I wasted 15 minutes on Trash Talk did I discovered the double RP and GTAV$ bonus had been moved to activities I don't do. And apparently no one does the death matches. Way to keep in touch with your players, Rockstar. With no reason to spam missions, I switched my focus to my nightclub. I did a couple promotion missions, no prob but then I decided to switch DJs from the Black Madonna to Dixon.
The mission seemed simple enough. Catch the thief who stole Dixon's bag. Okay. Sure. No problem. Little did I know this MF was the Energizer Bunny on wheels. So he escapes the hotel on a motorcycle. First off I was stuck with Tony's ass car. It doesn't handlenfor shit and it's not the fastest ride either. But I did manage to catch up with the dude. I ran him over, shot him several times, slammed him into a parked car and he rode off as if I'd showered him with rose petals.
At this point the games penchant for chaos kicked in with cars from the left lain throwing themselves in my way. After a few crashes, the thief was almost at Sandy Shores. I tried to come around the other side of the map to meet him on his way back into LS, but he switched directions at Paleto Bay.
Jaw clenched, I asked KM how to bail on this f**king mission. She said to blow up Tony's car. Hence my one death by suicide. But I couldn't even admit defeat successfully. The freaking car respawned with me.  Turns out I needed to blow up the car without killing myself. Four sticky bombs later (which is a $2400 waste in and of itself), I was dumped into freemode with the sickly greenish screen with FAILED emblazoned across it.
Thanks, Rockstar. Just in case i wasn't already aware of my ineptitude. I tried to catch this MF twice more to no avail. Did a club promo mission to calm my rising annoyance level. Tried the DJ switch again and finally, after the thief absorbed a good two dozen mini SMG shots on a long stretch of highway, I emerged triumphant. And this was as good as it got for a good four hours.
What caused my downward spiral? My lack of skill? Oddly enough not this time. Rockstar's presumably dusted enemy NPCs? Nope. It was my PS4 Slim's crappy WiFi connectivity that ruined my whole night.
I have precious little leisure time given that about of a third of my life is spent in obsequious servitude to the EDJ and another  third to one quarter is spent sleeping. Yes, those of us who are elderly adjacent must get at least five or six hours of sleep to function so then factoring in errands, chores, family time, 7-eleven runs, and potty breaks, I net about five hours of gaming time daily which I desperately need. I work in retail and have a teenage son. Trust me when I say I need an outlet for all the rage I choke down each day.
The droppage got so bad I just got off GTAV online and played it in story mode. Not a total waste of time since I beat the game on XBox, but not on PS4. By the time I was able to achieve a sustainable connection it was already after 11 o'clock. At that point I was so desperate to achieve any type of progress I purchased supplies for my weed farm and my counterfeit money operation. I then grew bold, most likely from fatigue and decided to take on a resupply run for my bunker in a public lobby all by myself. I did manage to complete the mission, but only after dying three times and destroying my armored Kuruma twice.
All said and done my night of desperation and misadventure cost me about 200,000 in GTAV bucks.
Oh well. To misquote Scarlett O'Hara, tomorrow night is another night. And what did I learn? Purchase a 100' LAN cord for the PS4 Slim. It's on its way and will arrive Saturday. Thank you, Amazon!
Until it arrives looks like it's time to explore the Assassin's Creed Antiquity bundle I also bought last night.

Comments

Popular Posts