Get new posts by email:

Gamer Woman

What happens when a gamer girl grows up?

As much as I hate to admit it, at forty-six I must embrace the title of "grown-up". Yes, it sucks, but I've never been one for self-delusion so here goes:

Hi, my name is Foxx and I'm no longer a gamer girl which means I'm a gamer woman. Oh yuck. That doesn't sound fun at all. Oh well.

And to be completely honest, I'm just getting back in the gaming groove after a fifteen year hiatus as Mom and Wife. Fortunately, I have a twenty-five year old boyfriend who is helping me navigate this strange new world and a partner to play with who is a badass female gamer. It's a far cry from the PS2 I used to play on back in the day. And the gaming I could squeeze in as a slave to the needs of others consisted mostly of Wii Sports, Minecraft, and Lego Batman.

I have taken a step in the right direction though. I got a PS4 Slim for my birthday last August and gave my Xbox One to my son. Yes, I know to some this constitutes child abuse but most of his friends have Xboxes too. Why this is, I haven't a clue.

The games I mostly indulge in on my days off and after the Evil Day Job are Grand Theft Auto V online, Warframe, and Red Dead Redemption 2 online. While I cannot promise you cutting edge info or jaw-dropping game play, I can offer a unique perspective for those of us who grew up with Atari and Nintendo, got a life and now, finally, have some time for ourselves again.

Comments

Popular Posts