Get new posts by email:

Well, Damn

Today is bittersweet. I've found solutions to some personal challenges and encountered the kindness of strangers. I also gleefully await midnight when Rin and I will be able to fire up The Last of Us Part 2 and share the experience side by side. However there is one dark cloud obscuring an otherwise sunny day: CD Projekt Red announced another delay for the release of Cyberpunk 2077. It's been pushed from mid September to November 19th. Very disappointing, indeed considering it's already been delayed once. At least this move isn't as long as the first delay which pushed the title from a spring release to fall.

CD Projekt Red in their official statement cited the need to polish and debug the copious content and "complex interweaving" of the game's elements as the reason for the latest delay. As a show of class that marks the developer of the legendary title The Witcher 3, CD Projekt Red acknowledges that yet another delay is a violation of customer trust, but one they feel is necessary to deliver a quality product. While I respect and appreciate their diligence, I feel like throwing myself on the floor kicking and screaming. I have no doubt I'm not alone in feeling this way. 

Oh well, at least there's midnight and Ellie to ease the frustration! Game on!

Comments

Popular Posts