Get new posts by email:

Break up Text...I'm So Ashamed

I did a very NOT Gen X thing the other night. I texted my boyfriend to get out. I'm not proud of it, but I promised myself to be honest on this blog. So yeah...not my finest moment.

In my defense, once I'd sent the text I couldn't take back, I emerged from the bathroom to face the tears and objections. But there weren't any, not really. Shows how little I mattered.

Rin was using me, just like everyone else he'd ever met. After a string of failed relationships, I'm taking some much needed time off. What does that mean for my future? My dreams? My gaming and writing habits?

First things first, I have to learn to stand on my own two feet. No one propping up my ego but me. It's become a running joke in my house that I can't be trusted to pick another boyfriend or lover. I can't argue with that. So I shan't. 

What, however, does this have to do with gaming, you might ask.  Well, since gaming has gotten me through the death of both my parents, surely it can get me through this heartache. That's right, it's all digital men from now on: Geralt, Arthur Morgan, Alexei, Eivor (though actually my Eivor is female).

Today, four days after the bombshell, I managed to get out of bed.  Believe it or not, that's huge progress. I'm sitting, staring at my monitor and PlayStation trying to work up the courage to turn them on. You see, Rin freed my inner gamer and while I appreciate that, the action is now tainted with his memory. Another bad man with damage so bad there wasn't enough love or attention in the world to fill that gaping void.

And silly me, I really thought I could help.

I'm scared, but here I go. Clicking the button. Deep breath. Deep, deep breaths.

Just as I thought, the beep of the PS4 makes me feel everything will be all right.

What games distract you from the pain of life? Help a lady out and leave a comment with title suggestions below. Oh and please "like" and subscribe. It really would help me out :)

Comments

Popular Posts