Get new posts by email:

My New Old Man...Geralt of Rivia

Two days in a row I've gotten out of bed, brushed my teeth, done a couple chores and did a little yoga. This is massive progress. And I know I said I wouldn't do, but I will attribute this resiliency to one man: Geralt of Rivia!

Just Kidding. I would hate to insult the friends and family who have been so very supportive. However, this is a blog about my gaming journey.  So I decided to take the advice of a wonderful friend with similar trauma: "THE WITCHER 3 helped me tremendously when I was so down I felt I couldn't get back up." Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

It has to be THE WITCHER 3 THE WILD HUNT. So first I had to forgive CD Projekt Red for the CYBERPUNK 2077 debacle. But as wiser folks than I have said: Forgiveness is the gift you give yourself.

And what a gift it was to start a long put off New Game+. Yesterday, I sunk so deep into Geralt's world I felt I was actually in the tub with him at Kaer Morhen. And what cisgender, heterosexual female wouldn't want that?
I'd forgotten how rich and beautiful the world of THE WITCHER 3 could be, but yet so dark and menacing at the same time. And there's so many main quests, secondary quests, and Witcher contracts, not to mention all the cool, weird stuff in Geralt's world that one hardly has time to be sad. No better panacea, I promise.

It also helps at bedtime that I can watch Mr. Henry Cavill depict an absolutely stunning Geralt on Netflix's THE WITCHER. I'm taking the deep dive, following The Path, and maybe...just maybe I'll find myself along the way.

So, I ask those hardcore gamers out there: What do you play when your heart is breaking? What games keep you off the ledge? I hope you'll share my journey and your own as well. "Like" and subscribe, please please please :)

Comments

Popular Posts