Get new posts by email:

Mixed Bag

The start of May has been a mixed bag or perhaps I should say mixed backpack I can't seem to find a moving company who will take my money to pick my stuff from storage a couple hours away. We also got a new puppy. Nanii is a beautiful red and white Siberian Husky super wooly with blue eyes. So basically she's an adorable little puff ball. While she's very sweet, the sleep deprivation is getting to the BF and me. Not to mention the loss of gaming time.

A little up, a little down, that's been my first week of May and it's also how I felt about DYING LIGHT. The game couldn't seem to make up its mind regarding its focus. Platforming, combat, shooting and looting, survival and crafting, online co-op play: the game has it all, but no one element shines. The story also meandered in a few different directions and never felt fully baked.

The DLC had a bit more polish in terms of the story, but the endings are all rather bleak. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a fatalistic ending, but at least give me a bit more shock and awe before I must face the inevitable.

All that being said, I did mostly enjoy the journey, I just never completely lost myself in it. I didn't crave it and that's the kind of experience I'm looking for. I will buy the second installment when it comes out later in the year, but for now, I'm back to searching for what I need to make it to June 1st.

Comments

Popular Posts