Get new posts by email:

I Hate Mondays

The wise and all-knowing Garfield the Cat warns us of the evils of Mondays. Did I listen? No. Even the Mama's and the Papas sing about it: Can't trust that day. Perhaps because I'm not working outside the home, I held the misapprehension I was safe from this wicked starter of the work week.

But no. Nooooooo. Today was a lasagna-worthy  Monday if ever there were one. First of all my lady time came four days early, then my a large piece of metal spontaneously broke off the bottom of the car as I drove home from the grocery store (thanks to all the people who pointed and stared as if I wasn't aware the loud screeching noise was coming from my car), the IRS rejected my tax return, and only after I returned from the store with the broken car did I discover we're out of TP. F@#k me!

I dove into STRANDED DEEP hard to forget I decided to live in a tiny town with no Uber, no food delivery of any kind, and no rental car agencies. I will say the game seems up to task. I was ready to throw in the towel on what seemed a never-ending cycle of harvesting supplies, using up said supplies, rinsing and repeating when I discovered the giant ship stranded on an atoll.

Once you find the plane, the game gives you a list of parts to find and supplies to stock. Aaaaaand apparently there are giant sea monsters holding the plane parts for ransom. Of course there are.

My supply runs have shifted from palm bunches for water production and rocks and leather for tools to wood and fibrous leaves to make lots and lots of speargun spears. All I've read on the beasties indicates I'll need as many as I can craft. I'll also need a boat. Oh joy. My first attempt at a raft was a disaster and I've no idea how to get the damn barrels for the premium raft back to my BOO.

These challenges, however, are very welcome as it seems May is going to cost me an arm and a leg, not to mention the sorrow intrinsic to this month. Given the crappiness of this Monday, I think I'd prefer to be stranded on a desert island. At least I wouldn't have car repairs and the last of the move hanging over my head. Just a teensy weensy megladon to murder. No problem.

Comments

Popular Posts