Get new posts by email:

The Mean Reds

https://youtu.be/4jsUIgchHXU

For those of you who are classic movie, Audrey Hepburn or Truman Capote fans, I'm sure you recognize this phrase. The first time I read Breakfast at Tiffany's, Holly Golightly's apt name for those days when you aren't sad or blue, but actually terrified and angry for no discernible reason. And yes, they are horrible.

That's the state I've been in today. There's nothing wrong, at least not that I can put my finger on, aside from the fact that my family members are dropping like flies and this forces me to confront my own mortality. Wow, this got dark for a blog about gaming.

But it's in these times of emotional turmoil I usually seek comfort in games. Unfortunately, there's no comfort to be found in SEKIRO. Call me crazy but I don't enjoy having my a$$ handed to me over and over and over and over. And as for the storyline of the game, well, I've yet to see much evidence that one exists. I know the game is considered a masterpiece, but I guess I'm not gamer enough to understand why.

I could stop playing and find another game to drown my sorrows. Or I could just take a break and play MINECRAFT today. I always find MINECRAFT soothing. But the idea of letting a game chase me off makes me feel like a failure so I'm stuck. And I'm well aware this is all self-inflicted torture. As are the mean reds.
 
Perhaps it would be better to take a page from Miss Golightly's book and just go back to bed and hope that tomorrow I wake with the slightly cranky pinks or a case of good old-fashioned blues. A bright sunny yellow day, well, I think it may be a while before I come across one of those.

Comments

Popular Posts