Get new posts by email:

Call Me Bre'er Rabbit

Games played during quarantine:

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Skyrim
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Batman: Arkham Knight
Marvel's Spider-Man
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Yakuza 1-4 and 6
Sleeping Dogs

I'm taking a glass-half-full approach to the worst public health crisis the US has faced since the identification of AIDS. I know the stay-at-home order has been difficult on a lot of people, I'm just saying I'm not one of them. In fact, telling me to stay home and entertain myself is tantamount to throwing Bre'er Rabbit in the briar patch. It's an old (and unfortunately very racist) Southern fable, but it's the best analogy I can come up with.

I've been no-lifing games somethin' nasty. Even my hardcore gamer boyfriend who refers to the six to ten hours a day I can usually invest in gaming as "casual" had commented on the amount of time I've spent parked in front of my PS4. I haven't been blogging, watching TV, communicating with loved ones or, if I'm honest, even bathing all that often.

I could go back and write individual articles about each title and I very well might, but I had to do something to break the spell. Honestly I don't care if I ever get to go back to work. I don't like my EDJ anyway, hence me calling it the EDJ in the first place. I know there are plenty of gamers out there who feel me. We're all just smiling, shaking our heads and feeling sorry for the extraverts out there. But to quote the great Bob Dylan, it ain't me, babe.

Comments

Popular Posts