Get new posts by email:

Not as Bad is as Good as It Got (Watch_Dogs)

Despite the fact that I almost rage quit Watch Dogs the day before, I got back on the horse yesterday (back on the dog? Whatever) I'm happy to report that the game turned out to be like bullying in high school: it got better. Yes, it's still kinda heavy on the chase stuff, be it in a car or on foot, but due to upgrades there's lots of brutally fun ways the twart your pursuers.

Also on the plus side, the story is developing more and there's more hacker-y type stuff to do. And yes, I know hacker-y isn't a word. I even got to the point yesterday I didn't wanna shut the game off when Rin told me it was bedtime. Only down side: I still don't give a crap about the protagonist or his sister. I do feel bad for Jacks. I mean his uncle is a criminal and his mom is TSTL so that alone makes the kid sympathetic.

Today, I'm hoping the game continues to improve. We shall see.

(After beating the game)
Playing through to the end left me with more questions than answers:
- What was Aiden's motivation for The Merlaut job in the first place and if it was just greed then how can he get on his high horse about other criminals?
- Why is Nicky so freaking understanding about her brother, once again, putting her and her child in danger?
- Isn't hacking, by nature, committed from a distance? If so, why did I physically have to break in to all these locations?
- And most importantly, when I used the car order service, why did the vehicle always spawn hell and gone from where my character was???

In the end, the game got less annoying as it went on, but it never gelled into an enjoyable experience with a premise that made sense. I will play Watch_Dogs 2 but only because I already bought it.

Comments

Popular Posts