Get new posts by email:

Embrace the Suck

Still on a Warframe kick so why fight it? I started today with some Hydron and leveling (I'm at rank 14 now, woot!). Then I did some credit farming at the Index with Luxx. Then I went to the dojo's dry dock to take Kitsune (my new and somewhat shiny Railjack) for a spin.

So this brings me to my biggest complaint about this game. There aren't tutorial missions for most of our new toys. New warframes don't come with a way to try out their cool powers, aside from taking them to Hydron, which has become the de facto testing and leveling place but is really just another defense mission like any other defense mission on your starchart.

And yes, I know there is the Simulacrum but to earn the standing to purchase a key from Cephalon Simaris is a lot of valuable time wasted for a mid level player and rather impractical for new and low level players. Seems bass-ackwards to have a testing ground only available to high level players. By the time I reach rank twenty plus, do I really need a place to experiment other than just for bragging rights to say I have it?

Well, as far as I can tell, the Railjack has no starter guide for dummies kind of mission. Yes, there is free flight in Earth Proxima but I flew around there for a good twenty minutes. There was some space rubble and a lovely view of Earth but nothing to coach me on how to use my new expensive piece of hardware and nothing to shoot or blow up with my guns and torpedoes. Nothing to test my Omni on. And I didn't even know how to use it or that it consumes a fuel called revolite that must be forged. I didn't find out all this until I looked some user posted videos on YouTube. I find this to be fundamentally flawed. IMHO, I shouldn't be learning from other players how to play your game, Warframe.

It turns out the Kitsune will need lots of materials before I will be able to take her out on the first few low level missions on my Railjack mission chart. And then there's the Archwing component of these missions. To leave the ship and hijack a ship from our enemies I have to travel via Archwing. This means I will have to level up my Archwing which has been languishing at level eight for months because there is no Hydron for Archwings. I'm starting to see that all the negative buzz surrounding the Railjack content is justified. But since I've still got around three weeks to wait for The Last of Us 2, I'll embrace the suck and keep going. 

Comments

Popular Posts