Get new posts by email:

Lord, You Must Be Desperate (Warframe-Railjack Revisited)

I'm in a bit of a game-hole. I have stuff to play, I just don't wanna play it. I enjoy the Uncharted franchise but I'm hesitant to play 3 because last time it glitched on me when I was about two-thirds of the way through it. I just started Watch_Dogs 2, but I'm not a huge fan of the franchise. There's always Minecraft or GTAV Online. Both require a certain mindset for me to want to play. Needless to say I'm not in said mindset.

And then there's Warframe. Lord, am I that desperate to play something? JK, some of my best gamer friends play this game and there is something charming about it. It's such a complicated yet simple game it doesn't require much mental power and even though it's online, it requires minimum interactions with randos. And it's violent without being too heavy.

Granted even with the "content" that's been added over the past few months, it's still very grindy and repetitive. But sometimes grindy and repetitive is just what the doctor ordered. (At least I'm not playing Minecraft and crying anymore, that $h*t lasted for two days!) There's something to be said for shutting off one's brain, putting on some tunes, and running around Hydron killing everything in sight.

By the end of my gaming day (meaning 4:30am), I'd decided to embrace more fully the new content I'd previously shunned. I mean, can I really say something is bull$h*t if I've never tried it? Implementing the try-it-you-might-like-it rule for myself, I started on the Railjack missions. After visiting my dojo's dry dock, I installed Cephalon Cy ( who is a total pompous a$$hat, BTW), and got the wreckage for repair. I am glad I waited this long since apparently it used to be stupid expensive to build the Railjack ($6 million credits??!!) and a f@#k-ton of resources, but now it's $100,000 per segment to build and a moderate amount of very common resources. Quite the bargain considering I don't expect to like the freaking spaceship.

I mean seriously, Warframe is marketed as a space ninja game. That's what people who have been playing the game long enough to have the expendable resources to build a Railjack know and love. Not space pirates, space ninjas. Space ninjas! Okay, I'll stop. Open mind, try new things, blah blah blah.

So yeah, cheaper to build is one of the fixes from the Railjack revisited update. I put my fuselage cake in to bake for six hours and then it's time to sleep. We shall see if this addition to the game is still as buggy and grindy as it was a few months ago.

Comments

Popular Posts