Get new posts by email:

Cheesin' the Breaker

 It's rare for me to find tips and tricks, easy ways to defeat large enemies, but today I found a way to cheese the breaker at the end of the PLAYING ALL NIGHT mission. After he'd already ripped my arms off the first time I faced him, I decided to explore the area around me before making him aware of my presence. And there is lots of cool stuff for much more skilled players to use:

bear traps, explosive cases, lots of ammo refills and items to craft molotovs with. Unfortunately, I'm just not quick enough or savvy enough a player to make the best use of these items. I also undertook the mission a little under-equipped. I've seen other gamers YouTube videos where they have guns that take massive chunks out of this dude. Alas, I did not go in to this section as well prepared.


I did however, whilst running around like a chicken with its head cut off, find a spot under a rock formation that Deek can slide under easily, but that Big Ugly could not. And then I thought back to the lesson I learned from THE LAST OF US, PART 2 while fighting yet another BIG UGLY at ground zero of that game's outbreak. If you can find a location to attack then escape, attack then escape, you're golden.


I learned that lesson the hard way. I'd killed Ellie over and over again for nearly an hour when the BF came in to check on me. I was frustrated and thinking I'd never get past that mission. He smiled and patted me on the head because, despite the fact that I'm older than he is, in terms of years gaming he's the old, wise sage. At least when it comes to more recent consoles. Yes, I played PACMAN and SPACE INVADERS and FROGGER and SONIC and the original LEGEND OF ZELDA, but those games are a far cry from the complex beasts that we have available today. And I took decades off from gaming to start a career and raise a family. So yeah, it doesn't always occur to me to find an area best suited for me to do some damage and then hide for a bit. Once I employed that strategy, I beat TLOU2 boss pretty easily.


It's funny that gaming is like any activity you undertake in life, the more you do it, the more problems you solve, the better equipped you are to apply that knowledge in a similar but different situation.


So here it is, most likely the one and only "how to" video you'll ever see on my blog:


How to Cheese the Breaker with only Lil Stubby PLAYING ALL NIGHT, DAYS GONE.


Comments

Popular Posts