Get new posts by email:

Wherever You Go There You Are



Platforming fails aside, I'm getting as much enjoyment out of STAR WARS: FALLEN ORDER as I hoped I would. The message of Cal's journey is spot on with the current struggles in my life. He starts as a broken young man who's lost everything, who is steeped in guilt, fear and shame but then slowly picks up the pieces and rebuilds himself into the Jedi he was destined to be.

2020 was a terrible for so many and unfortunately, it rained loss upon me the likes of which I'd never experienced. The life I'd spent decades building simply evaporated. Relationships, my home, my job, and a good portion of my immediate family gone in what felt like the blink of an eye. So this year has been all about trying to feel like myself again and reengaging with activities I know I'm good at and that bring me joy. In this way, Cal's odyssey really hit home. And once again I must applaud Cameron Monaghan for his outstanding performance. I think it's safe to say he acted himself into the Star Wars universe as a permanent and laudable addition.

But all that melancholy stuff aside, the game is just very, very cool. Yes, it was a little heavy on the circuitous routes to get to objectives but once the game gifted me with a double lightsaber, all was forgiven. Not to mention all the awesome Force related abilities and the plethora of finishers which helped me sink deep into the RPG aspect of the game. Im about two-thirds of the way through FALLEN ORDER and I can really feel the growth of the character and I'm having a wonderful time opening cans of whoop a$$ on my enemies.

Fingers-crossed that EA gave this game a strong finish.


Comments

Popular Posts