Get new posts by email:

The Force Is Weak with This One




No, that's not a comment on my opinion of STAR WARS: FALLEN ORDER, it's a statement about my booty gamer skills. I've said from the moment I started this blog that as gamers go, I'm barely average. But what I lack in skill, I make up for in passion.

I've been in love with video games since my dad brought home Pong in 1979. I was six years old, mesmerized by the glowing dot that I could bat back my brother's way, our own little electronic table tennis heaven. We would play for hours! He'd usually beat me, no surprise there given he's six years older than I am and even as a kid I never possessed the reflexes of a Jedi Knight.

Which brings me to another of my childhood passions: STAR WARS. I saw the original movie at a drive-in with my family. Even though I was only four years old, sitting in a sleeping bag with my feetie jammies in the back of my dad's station wagon, it's one of those crystal clear memories from my youth. I was in awe of special effects, captured by Lucas's masterful world building and, I'll be honest, I immediately developed a crush on Luke Skywalker and wanted to be Princess Leia--which we all know now is ironic because Luke and Leia are siblings. But hey, I come from a long line of rednecks and hill billies so NOT outside the realm of possibility for my family.

Anyhoo, it's this perfect blend of childhood nostalgia and contemporary interpretation of the Star Warian mythos that drew me to STAR WARS: FALLEN ORDER. That and Cameron Monaghan. I've watched his career blossom since he debuted on SHAMELESS and I loved his interpretation of The Joker on GOTHAM. Add to all this that the deluxe edition is on sale in the PlayStation Store and what's not to like about this game?

So far, I've no complaints. I did however kill Cal twice just during the tutorial level...so... yeah. I won't lie, Cal, you will meet untimely death after untimely death on this journey (just ask Ms. Lara Croft) but please know, that no one can love you better.

Comments

Popular Posts