Get new posts by email:

Too Many DAYS GONE by

I'm falling on my sword again, or should that be superior mace? I didn't expect to like this game, much less really get into it, but DAYS GONE hooked me. How can I tell? It's apparent to me that I've crossed some invisible threshold between liking a game and going OCD with it when I don't want to sleep, I don't want to eat, my hygiene goes out the window and my poor dog Freddie sits by the door leash in mouth because I've forgotten to walk him for days.

Since it's been three days since I've showered, I can't remember the last time I bothered to shove a frozen burrito in my mouth and Freddie is giving me that euthanasia-might-have-been-preferable-to-being-adopted-by-you look, it's safe to say I've gone off the deep end for DAYS GONE.Too many days gone by without attending to my responsibilities (pun intended).

I'm not sure how it happened or when it happened, all I know is I spend every waking moment planning how to take down the next horde. Perhaps it's the adrenaline rush of killing literally hundreds of enemies or maybe it is the voice acting and story (it's a lot better than most critics gave it credit for).

The fact that the game is a lot better than its initial reviews makes me wonder if its release was just poorly timed. Studies show zombie related media do better when the economy is crap. Unfortunately (for the game) things weren't all that bad when it came out. Perhaps if DAYS GONE had been released in April 2020, just one year later, it might have been a smash success. Who knows?

I will say this: it's a shame SIE has put the kibosh on a sequel. Then again, I'm sure the economy will have recovered by the time the new game would be ready to release. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts