Get new posts by email:

Reflecting on DAYS GONE

I'm sure by now my gaming habits are pretty apparent. Unless it's a much anticipated, big, fat, juicy gaming title, I don't play the newest of the new games. My inheritance was more of a ramen and generic cola for life kind of situation, not cavier and champagne, that being said it has given me the time to game all I want for the foreseeable future as long as I stick to on sale and free titles. So that's what I do most of the time.

I'm diving into DAYS GONE since, you guessed it, it's one of the PlayStation Plus April titles. I have a special affection for this game because it reminds me of the beginning of my relationship with the BF. He's a hardcore gamer and copped this title as soon as it came out. I remember watching him play longing to take the controller, still too repressed (and in debt) to spend my days gaming as I damned well pleased.

I also didn't have a console of my own then either. In fact, my PS4 Slim is the last gift my dad got me before he passed away. Ahhh, but that is blog topic for another day. DAYS GONE, though the BF got bored of it and abandoned the game without beating it, still reminds me of that long lost gamer girl stirring inside me. The one who wore Daisy Dukes and thigh high socks and oversized sweatshirts and read Tolkien and knew every secret level and shortcut in Super Mario Bros. This game called to me like a siren's song as I watched him bash in zombie heads and sneak past security guards. A lot has happened since its release on April 26, 2019. Some good, much of it bad. And the big question is: Will I have the patience to finish it?

I suspect I will simply due to the actor playing Deacon. As soon as I clocked his voice I googled it to confirm, it's Sam Witwer! I loved, loved, loved him as Aiden in the US version of BEING HUMAN. I suddenly feel kinda giggly and shy around Deacon, which is weird because the game is an RPG which means I am Deek and therefore I'm feeling flirtatious with myself. Hmmm. Very strange situation indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts